In November 2011, I participated in a webinar produced and hosted by KnowledgeVision CEO Michael Kolowich. Acknowledging the rapid rise in enterprise video, the foundational topic was “how can enterprises keep up” with demand.
According to recent research of more than 1,000 enterprise communications professionals from Steve Von der Harr at Interactive Media Strategies:
- Total spending on online business video technologies is growing at an astounding rate – 32% this year, and will surpass $1 billion next year.
- Less than one-fifth of this spending is on video plumbing — that is, dedicated video networking. Most of it is split between content creation and content management. In fact, the report states that “The evolution of the business video sector will continue to be defined by the development of software solutions that transform online video into an increasingly useful business communications tool.”
- Growth is happening in all sizes of company and organization
Budgets are increasing significantly but still the appetite for online video to outpace the resource requirements to create and manage it. Requests are coming from all sectors — from marketing, sales, HR, training, corporate communications, investor relations and beyond.
That’s the core dilemma of today’s business content creators…how to satisfy the growing need for content, particularly video content under ever-resent cost and time constraints. The webinar also explores related topics at the forefront of digital marketing exectutives:
- ROI of video
- Audience targets and content requirements
- Video as a content source
- Measurement and audience engagement
The webinar is available here: http://info.knowledgevision.com/WebinarRecordingDownload.html?SFDCCID=701C0000000ggZw
Hope you have a chance to watch it, and as always I look forward to your comments here.